понедельник, 18 мая 2015 г.

Day 3. April 29. Panevezys - Kaunas (Lithuania) on a bicycle

Distance: 105 km, Panevezys (Pas Rapola) - Kaunas
Total distance: 290 km
Profile: 304 / - 315 m
Expenses: 0
Words of the day: wind, spring, smell of blooming bird cherry trees in the air

I realize I brought too much food (hence no expenses so far), so I'm trying to rid myself of most of it. I guess I don't need that many options every day. Snacking on raisins and nuts during the day and having cooked breakfast and dinner works well for now.
Although I did bring some cooked buckwheat yesterday for lunch and it was pretty nice.
So I left the wonderful forest house around 1 p.m. Took my time to cook breakfast, found a cool host in Bialystok, downloaded some podcasts for the road. I found myself not having any desire to listen to music now - perhaps I listened to too much these past two months when I was training a lot and riding a bike to the gym several times a week listening to music.
Podcasts are working well now - I'm listening to these guys -partiallyexaminedlife.com, trying to get an introduction to philosophy (something I wanted do for a while). Might try audio books soon (they didn't work very well for before who knows maybe it will be better and I won't have thoughts flowing away so often)
It was very windy most of the way so it took me a couple more hours more to reach Kaunas than I anticipated. I got to my hosts' house closer to 9 p.m. After having dinner and a pleasant conversation (my hosts, Linas and Aura (what a beautiful name), were this very nice couple, vegetarians and experienced travelers, with a very cozy apartment), I struggled for a bit falling asleep (I guess my body is weirded out by all this bike riding) but then finally got some very nice sleep.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий