понедельник, 18 мая 2015 г.

Day 4. April 30. Kaunas - Marijampole (Lithuania) on a bicycle

Distance: 72 km, Kaunas - Marijampole
Total distance: 362 km
Elevation: 231 / - 184 m
Expenses: 0
Event of the day: I could do a chin up again

Lazy morning today: I woke up at 8, and was ready to go only around 10. At least I've done part of my planned workout routine: crunches.
Aura made some wonderful apple pancakes, we talked for a couple of hours about various interesting topics comparing culture and mentality, and I then headed to bike around Kaunas to see some sights before my departure: castle, old city and a nearby park (where I finished my squats and pushups and was finally able to do a chin-up again).
 
I had a second breakfast (some bread and hummus) to get some energy for the road and headed to Marijampole at 3 p.m. I thought I'd be there around 6, but was I wrong: I only got there around 8 p.m. The road was great though: very few cars (only some trucks), not too windy, quite sunny, good balance of up and downhill riding.
 

My host there was Paulius, a very nice guy who gave me a separate small house with a personal sauna all to myself. He told me about his bike trip from Zilina, Slovakia to Odessa, Ukraine and showed some cool pictures. He also had a party that night (most people spoke Russian) and I tried playing pool (which I usually don't even try that's how bad I am at it) and put two balls in the hole Смайлик «smile»
People were singing Lithuanian songs (and even some songs by Splin, famous Russian band).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий